I was married and had a baby daughter my senior year at the University of Wisconsin which, at the time, had many anti-war protesters filling the streets. Working three jobs and carrying the full load of credits, I stayed busy to say the least. Bar tending, working construction, driving dump trucks / brick haulers, and working at a gas station provided the much needed funds to maintain a family and pay for my own tuition and books. With many of the anti-war protesters getting physical and clogging up some of the streets in Madison, I had made up my mind that if I were trappd with an unruly mob, the truck would eliminate the trouble makers and keep me safe. After graduation, it was only months before I was called up, having earlier won the lottery with a No. 21. While finishing school with a deferment, I saw a local recruiter, took the AFOQT (Air Force Officers Qualification Test), and put it in my back pocket until needed. I went into the Air Force through the Delayed Enlistment program in June, 1970 and attended OTS (Officer’s Training School) becoming a "90-day wonder". After OTS, I attended undergraduate Navigator Training in California and then on to Navigator / Bombadier Training, having elected to go into B-52s. After approximately two years of training, including Survival School in Washington state and Water Survival in Florida, I arrived at my first duty station in Michigan for a five year tour at a Bomb Wing. After a divorce and re-marriage to the same woman, we moved to South Dakota for three years, being assigned to Bomb Wing Staff. Then on to seven years in Texas at a Strategic Command Training facility producing training materials for the entire Strategic Air Command, and then on the The Netherlands (Holland) for my final three years. 20 years–GONE in a heart-beat. Did not regret any of those 20 and would do it again, recommending most Americans do the same. Semi-retired now, I recommend that the draft be re-instituted and that Americans learn how to be givers and not just users and enablers.